To help Celiac's by sharing my Gluten-Free experiences, research & recipes

Learning & Understanding the Gluten Free World





Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Healing from the inside out

This blog post is all about healing!

I read a health book last week and found many ideas to implement into my everyday eating ritual. I was dumbfounded when I read this clinical nutritionists healthy way of looking at how I eat.

Mastication or a more common word is chewing was a very important rule to follow, she said to take small amounts of food, take small bites and chew s-l-o-w-l-y. Food should be very soft and mushy before it goes down the hatch. This gives your stomach a break to process the food properly.

Switch it up! Eating the same foods over and over in the same day or even in three consecutive days is hard on your system. Who would of thunk...not me! I am the queen of eating potato chips, dessert and leftovers almost on a daily bases.

Eat fruits 30 min before a meal or 1 hour after a meal, which allows the nutrients from the fruit to be absorbed.

Eating grains or should I say too many grains is also hard for your stomach to digest. Try eating a variety of non-grains like Quinoua, Buckwheat and Teff. There is also, amaranth, arrowroot, tapioca, bean starch and carob powder to name a few.

Food combinations: Did you know that some foods combined don’t get processed properly in your stomach? I'll talk more about this next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Your ideas, feedback & stories are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Western Gal