To help Celiac's by sharing my Gluten-Free experiences, research & recipes

Learning & Understanding the Gluten Free World





Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Stemmler Meats & Cheese

Sometimes I get so down and frustrated that there is so little that I can eat. The constant nagging in my head every time we go out and I can't eat anything, every time I turn around and find that I have a something else I can't tolerate. Even the fact that too much rice grain in any form can be dangerous. So, this is my ploy to find recipes that are G-Free but also have a variety of ingredients so that I don't end up with a yeast over growth or another disease!

I feel it is important to eat natural foods, organic if possible. I shop at Stemmler Meats & Cheese where I can find fresh delicious natural foods. The meats have no gluten, no lactose products and no monosodium glutamate (MSG), they use other seasonings to increase flavour instead of MSG.

Stemmler's is located at 3031 Lobsinger Line, Heidelberg,
Ontario. Tel: (519) 699-4590

Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday 8am - 6pm
Thursday - Friday 8am - 8pm
Saturday 7:30am - 5pm

Five years after our doors opened we expanded to our current size of 2300 sq. ft. Even though our industry had some hard times, we continued to thrive by not cutting any corners. We developed several products which did not included flour or milk. This seemed to accommodate a lot of people with intestinal disorders. Members of the Celiac Society have been referred to our store by their attending Physicians.
Check out their web site...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Your ideas, feedback & stories are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Western Gal