To help Celiac's by sharing my Gluten-Free experiences, research & recipes

Learning & Understanding the Gluten Free World





Monday, March 1, 2010

Contamination in the Kitchen is a big issue what’s the answer?

Contamination in the Kitchen
I have been G-Free for 7 years but this past Christmas I noticed that I had eaten something that effected me but couldn’t figure out what it was. Of course I had to solve the problem so it wouldn’t happen again. I wasn't aware that Confectioner’s sugar was gluten. Jumped onto the internet and searched away. I found a G-Free confectioner's sugar and I'm back on track.
Moral of the store: To research EVERY food before it goes into my mouth!

Washing dishes:
I wash dishes in a sink with a J-cloth I wash everything without Gluten first then soak the gluten dishes, scrub any if needed, empty the water, rinse sink and dishes then start over again to wash them.

Bulk Foods:
I don't shop at bulk food stores or from the bulk foods area at the grocery store because I am afraid of contamination from other bins. For example there are so many people who have no clue as to what they are doing by scooping pretzels then using the same scoop to in the Quinoa.
This screams contamination to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Your ideas, feedback & stories are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Western Gal