To help Celiac's by sharing my Gluten-Free experiences, research & recipes

Learning & Understanding the Gluten Free World





Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie

Chicken Pot Pie Gluten Free Style!
I made the broth. Then I made the broth into a stew and then I made the pie crust. This was a big job and took almost the entire Sunday but I did it, it was delicious. Even the family members whom eat gluten daily and have tasted my gluten pie crust from way back in the day agreed that it was an amazing supper top to bottom beginning to end!


Making this dough was very easy I was pleasantly surprised. I did make a mistake when I didn't flatten the dough before putting it in the fridge. This step was in the recipe. I'll tell you time and time again I end up not following the recipe or the directions and I have learned to make sure to follow each step with G-Free baking and cooking!


Once I struggled with it to losen up some so that I could roll it out, it was fine.



Into the oven it went and the out come was amazing. No one knew it was G-Free I was very surprised that a g-free dough could taste so good. We devoured it one sitting and we all had guilt-free seconds! Lucky for me I divided the chicken mixture and the dough so I could get two meals out of this large batch. It was a lot of work but totally worth it!!!



I think you can still see the bubbles from cooking in the oven. We wrapped it up and off we went to Grandma's house to share our yummy supper!


This is definitely a comfort food and it will take a spot in my new and growing G-Free recipe box!


This recipe is from The 125 Best Gluten Free Reciepes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Your ideas, feedback & stories are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Western Gal